So much I want to write about! Not sure where to start. So, here, in random order:
* s00j (plus her boy) and stealthcello visited last week! Oh my god, it was so great to see them. I only caught a brief glimpse of them during Boskone, so it was really nice to have them over our house for several days.
* The house concert went off beautifully. (As hosts, there's always that anxiety of "well what if nobody comes"? But it was a ton of people; we ran out of chairs).
* I got to sing. With Sooj and Betsy. In the pitch dark of an abandoned WWII fort. Like.. we stood around in the dark and made music, all of us. This wasn't an official concert thing, just a private thing. I.. don't even know how to describe it, except wow.
* Cat is gone off to NYC for the week. I'm missing her crazy-intensely. And so many things make me miss her more - reading LJ, listening to music, reading books.. argh.
* So, a while ago, in spring or summer, a group of us (atheorist, @sarah_hines and I, (joined later by Cat)) started an informal meetup called Self-Inflicted Data. Where we met each week, and just reported various numbers to each other that we were tracking. The number change from person to person and from project to project. They're things like - weight, hours of sleep, number of pomodoros done on a particular project, number of pages of thesis written, etc, etc. I'd like to do a whole post on this group, so I'm just putting this in as a reminder. But guys.. it has helped me SO much. It's a huge motivation for me, from week to week. (In fact, the only reason I got the time/effort together to write this post is cause I promised I'd write at least 1 post for this week).
* I have been THOROUGHLY enjoying Cat's Girl Unlocked / Unfuck My Life project. I have, of course, been inspired to put together my own (overly?) ambitious Beast Unfucks His Life project, starting now (while Cat is away).
* (related to above) I've started running again! I'm FINALLY over the insane months-long cold I've had all winter. I cannot express how grateful I am for that, or how tired I was of being sick.
The Sarmatian Protopope
his desires inscrutable but surely base
- Stuff on my mind