We've both been sick the last week or so. I've been struggling at work, hiding from everything.
But fuck it, here's the good stuff that's going on.
* Cat is finally home, for a good solid number of months, from a crazy tour that's now over! I am relieved beyond measure.
* We have in our possession an actual crate of lamb meats. (Two women who rented our house before us left the island to start a farm up north. I hear rabbit meat is next up.)
* We have a new kitten. I suppose he's no longer technically new, and he is too gigantic to be a kitten. Still. I love that little guy. He's the bravest and most affectionate cat I've ever had.
* I've discovered Prophet (comic series), and now I'm so addicted. I've been reconnecting with reading more comics lately. And I forget how I came across it, it was saved in one of my bookmarks. But it's reminded me just how much I missed science fiction, that crazy alien sense of wonder. Man, it's so good. This review explains it better than I could: Prophet, the barbarian space opera you should already be reading.
* Our boat survived hurricane Sandy. Why is that a concern at all? Like a dumbass, I got distracted and busy and left it in the water, as the storm hit. I rowed out to its mooring a day or so before the winds arrived here to strengthen the ropes and batten everything down. And I'm so glad I did, it survived (one of the mooring ropes broke, a second one frayed halfway, but the third one held).
* My dream car, the Pulsar.. is starting on a fairly regular basis. Enough to take me to the grocery store when I need it. I've been learning a lot about car repair, oddly enough. There's still a few major-ish issues to fix (new exhaust pipe, fix the leak in the power steering), but at least I know what they are.
* Christmas/New Years is coming. We're sickie and exhausted and unprepared, but still. It's snowing and beautiful outside, and I got a tree waiting to go up and be decorated. (Just have to move the bookshelf out of the way).
* I've gotten back into playing Kingdom of Loathing after many months away. It's a weird game, but makes me happy.
The Sarmatian Protopope
his desires inscrutable but surely base
- Good things